The December Creative Inspiration Magazine is out. This time it’s full of Christmassy and wintery inspiration. My projects are on 1:51 and 3:44 but I do recommend watching it through as the whole Crew is extremely talented!
Welcome to the December Scrap Africa challenge, where red is looking at you from every angle and makes you feel festive. Hopefully, it will also inspire you to create something pretty and enter it into our challenge.
Here is the card that I have made. I hope you like it.
Thank you for stoping by!
It’s Black Friday and most of the people are frantically spending money on things they probably don’t even need in the first place but… who am I to judge when I’m the one with a room full of crafting stuff. hahaha Having said that, I have actually cleared some of my hoarded stash by passing it on to people who want/need it and, most importantly, use it. Now I can buy some more! wink wink
Canvas Corp Brands Collective hold mini-event on their Facebook group called Fabulous Friday and today it’s a Black Challenge. The idea is to create a project that is 90% black – the other 10% can only be white, grey, or metallic. The project type is optional – sew or knit something, make a tag, Art Journal, ATC card set, layout etc.
Make it a fun Friday evening activity and show us what you have done in the CCB Collective (we love if you link to your blogpost), on Instagram and other social media. USE #ccbblack so we can find your project!
Deadline December 1st (and YES – there will be a small prize).
Here is my black tag.
Guess what!!! I have just joined the 2017 Canvas Corp Brand Creative Crew!!! How good is that?!?!
Watch the space for all the amazing products and fun coming your way next year!
Oh, the excitement!
Since the yellow Christmas cards have become my favourites out of the whole bunch of 45 I made, I have decided to enter them into the Creative Artiste Mixed Media challenge 20.
I hope you like them too.
I promise that there will only be two more posts about Christmas cards this year…
I have been in a frenzy making tens of cards for my family and friends this month. I used my last year’s subscription kit remains, scraps and especially bought chipboards – I am not extremely keen on buying Holiday specific scrapping goodies but decided to make an exception for the chippies.
So… here they are before they start on their travels all over the world.
Mid-November brings new challenge at Words & Paintery – this time we have a quote from Guns’N Roses ‘November Rain’ and some pastel pinks.
I straight away came with the idea of a very understated art journal page.
To build up the background textures, I layered newspaper strips and painted over with white gesso. I added geometrical stencil on the edges and in the centre of the double-spread. Once everything dried, I used pink watercolours to add some ‘tears’.
The quote on the page is another line from the song…
I hope to see you at Words & Paintery!